May 23, 2010, 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM.
Where: MIT Student Center, Room 407
Cost: Zero for LINC 2010 Registrants
First-Served, Capacity 50. Reserve Now! To sign up
for this, email hearn
On Sunday May 23, there will be a 4-hour workshop on OER, Open Educational Resources, and MIT's roll in creating them and making them available to the World. The workshop, which will be very interactive, will present and show how to use and how to make OER products.
Each of four presentations will have four parts: (1) describe; (2) sample; (3) best practice cases/impacts; (4) how you can do it, too!
Featured at the workshop:
- MIT's path-breaking OpenCourseWare, OCW, 1,900 courses posted.
- OCW's Highlights for High School.
- BLOSSOMS project, Blended Learning Open Source Science or Math Studies.
- MIT World, with over 700 video lectures on demand; and
- OER-supporting software available though MIT's Office of Educational Innovation and Technology (OEIT)
12 Noon – 1:00 PM. Registration, MIT Student Center Room 407.
1:00 – 2:00 PM. OpenCourseWare & High School Highlights http://ocw.mit.edu/
2:00 – 3:00 PM. BLOSSOMS. http://blossoms.mit.edu/
3:00 – 3:30 PM. Coffee Break
3:30 – 4:00 PM. MIT World http://mitworld.mit.edu/
4:00 – 5:00 PM. OEIT’s OER-supporting software. http://oeit.mit.edu/